3-2. CAUSES OF ANAPHYLACTIC SHOCK

Anaphylactic shock may be caused by one or more of the following:

a. Injections. The injection of drugs to which one is sensitive, especially antibiotics and vaccines.

b. Ingestion. Eating foods to which one is sensitive, such as shellfish or berries.

c. Insect Stings. Stings of insects to which one is especially sensitive, such as the bee, wasp, yellow jacket, or hornet.

d. Inhalation. Breathing chemicals, dusts, or pollens or other materials to which one is sensitive.