About this Course
This course is intended for serious computer hobbyists, IT students, and IT professionals.
The free online textbook for this course is Sams Teach
Yourself Visual Studio .NET 2003 in 21 Days. You should begin by reading the complete
to the book.
Indicates links that take you away from the Free-Ed.Net site. Use the links on these
offsite pages carefully, and use the Back function on your browser to return to the
Accessing XML in .NET
In this lesson you will learn about:
- What XML is and how it fits into .NET
- Using the Schema Designer in Visual Studio .NET to create XML
- Using the XML Editor in .NET to edit XML
- Binding schemas to XML files using XML
Editor in Visual Studio .NET
- Validating XML data against an XML schema
- Using the DataSet to read and write element-based XML
data from SQL Server
- Using the DataReader and the FOR XML AUTO clause in
SQL Server to create attribute-based XML files
- How to read and manipulate XML files using XmlReaders
- How to read and manipulate XML files using the XML
document object model (DOM) classes in .NET
- Using XPath queries to query nodes in XML files
Read the Introduction
Read the following sections from your free online textbook:
the XML and Schema Designers
and Writing XML Files
- Use this search box to refine and expand your understanding
of new terms and concepts in the reading assignments.
Read the Summary
of the lesson.
Study the Q&A.
Take the Quiz
to test your understanding.
Complete the hands-on Exercises.
- Return here after completing your hands-on exercises.