About this Course
This course is intended for serious computer hobbyists, IT students, and IT professionals.
The free online textbook for this course is Sams Teach
Yourself Visual Studio .NET 2003 in 21 Days. You should begin by reading the complete
to the book.
Indicates links that take you away from the Free-Ed.Net site. Use the links on these
offsite pages carefully, and use the Back function on your browser to return to the
Using Visual SourceSafe
In this lesson you will learn:
- What SourceSafe is
- SourceSafe installation options
- How to use the SourceSafe Admin tool
- How to create SourceSafe projects in Visual Studio .NET
- How to access projects in SourceSafe from Visual Studio .NET
- How to check files in and out of SourceSafe
- How to merge and roll back source files that have changed
Read the Introduction
Read the following sections from your free online textbook:
the Visual SourceSafe Administrator
the Visual SourceSafe Explorer
Your First VSS Project
the Integrated SourceSafe Tools in Visual Studio .NET
the History of a File in SourceSafe
an Existing SourceSafe Project
New Project Items or Projects
Projects or Project Items
- Use this search box to refine and expand your understanding
of new terms and concepts in the reading assignments.
Read the Summary
of the lesson.
Study the Q&A.
Take the Quiz
to test your understanding.
Complete the hands-on Exercises.
- Return here after completing your hands-on exercises.