About this Course
This course is intended beginning computer hobbyists and
first-year IT students.
The free online textbook for this course is Sams Teach
Yourself Java 2 in 24 Hours. Read the Introduction
to the book.
Indicates links that take you away from the Free-Ed.Net site. Use the links on these
offsite pages carefully, and use the Back function on your browser to return to the
the Java 2 Software Development Kit
with the Java 2 Software Development Kit
Lesson 16. Building a Complex User
In this lesson you will learn about:
- Scroll panesContainers that add support for vertical
and horizontal scrolling to other components
- SlidersComponents that can be used to select a number
within a range of numbers
- Change listenersObjects that can monitor changes in
- Image iconsGraphics that can be used on labels,
buttons, and other components
- ToolbarsContainers that can be moved around to
different parts of an interface
- Menu bars, menus, and menu itemsTwo containers and a
component used to create pull-down menus
to the lesson
Read the following sections from your free online textbook:
- Use this search box to refine and expand your understanding
of new terms and concepts in the reading assignments.
Visit the Workshop:
Using Image Icons and Toolbars.
Read the Summary
of the lesson.
Test your understanding with the Q&A.
Try the Quiz
Test your skills with the hands-on Activities.
- Return here after completing your hands-on session.