Sawing machines have some special safety precautions that must be observed.
These are in addition to those safety precautions described in Chapter 1. Here
are some safety precautions that must be followed:
- Keep hands away from the saw blade of the hacksawing machine or
bandsawing machine when in operation.
- Ensure the power supply is disconnected prior to removal or installation
of saw blades.
- Use a miter guide attachment, work-holding jaw device, or a wooden block
for pushing metal workpieces into the blade of the bandsaw wherever
- Keep fingers well clear of the blade at all times.
- When removing and installing band saw blades, handle the blades
carefully. A large springy blade can be dangerous if the operator does not