Quiz for Lesson 1
1. Of the following types of paint, which is NOT flammable?
2. Painters who are sensitive to skin-irritating materials must take special precautions. Of the following, which is the only safe material that they can use?
3. Which of the following items would you use to protect yourself against paint fumes and solvent vapors?
4. You wear a safety helmet for protection against which of the following?
5. Painters should not wear clothing with tears, rips, or loose pockets because they are _________.
6. Which of the following is the most important when working in a hazardous area?
7. The most common and most serious accidents that occur during painting operations are caused by ___________.
8. In feet, how tall may a stepladder be when painting?
9. What is the minimum percentage of overlap required for each section in an extension ladder?
10. You are placing a ladder against the wall of a structure. What is the least distance from the wall that you would place the feet of the ladder?
11. Full-length guardrails must be provided for a scaffold when it is at what height above the ground?
12. Most paint products are flammable. What are the chief causes of fire and explosions?
13. In inches, what is the diameter of the smallest casters you may use on a rolling tower?
14. It is standard practice to use wire rope of at least 3/4-inch diameter for platform slings. In inches, what is the least diameter of Manila rope you would select for boatswain's chairs and lifelines?
15. Which of the following items would you place under dispensing pumps and spigots to absorb possible spillage or overflow?
16. What precaution should you take with paint rags and waste?
17. Which of the following solvents is least irritating to the skin?