Major portions of the original content
are provided by Academy of Health Sciences, Fort Sam Houston, Tx.
Copyrighted portions of the original
material have been omitted without affecting the integrity of the
Section 1 - Procedures in Preparing the Patient
After completing these lessons, you should be able to:
- Identify common anesthesia terms and their definitions.
- Identify proper procedures for performing a preoperative skin prep.
- Identify equipment used in positioning patients.
- Identify procedures for placing a patient in the supine, Trendelenburg, reverse
Trendelenburg, lateral kidney, lateral chest, lithotomy, prone, jackknife, and sitting
positions and position for spinal anesthesia.
- Identify procedures for draping a patient.
- Lesson 1-1 Introduction
- Lesson 1-2 Preparation of the Patient for Surgery
- Lesson 1-3 Surgical Positions
- Lesson 1-4 Draping the Patient
- Exercises for Section 1